A BUSHFIRE advice is in place for people in an area bounded by Romeo Rd to the south, Wanneroo Rd to the east and Alkimos Vista community to the north in Alkimos and Carabooda.
At 1.13pm the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) said firefighters were actively fighting the bushfire and strengthening containment lines.
The fire, which started near the intersection of Romeo Rd and Wanneroo Rd in Carabooda was reported at 12.08pm.
People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- there is no threat to lives or homes.
- there is a lot of smoke in the area.
- although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- the fire started near the intersection of Romeo Rd and Wanneroo Rd in Carabooda.
What to do:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a easterly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
Road closures and conditions:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the CITY OF WANNEROO.
What firefighters are doing:
- Firefighters are actively fighting the fire and strengthening containment lines.
- The fire was reported at 12:08 PM on 18 November 2020.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- City of Wanneroo is managing the fire.
Keep up to date:
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.