ABOUT 5pm Sunday, October 23 the Department of Parks and Wildlife said there were six bushfires burning in the Yanchep pine plantation.
The department said the bushfires, which were contained, had burnt 15ha.
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Parks and Wildlife.
Time of issue: 11:40 AM
Date of issue: 23 October 2016
Bushfire ADVICE for eastern part of Yanchep Pine Plantation in CITY OF WANNEROO
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people within the vicinity of the eastern part of Yanchep Pine Plantation in the City of Wanneroo..
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- There are four bushfires burning within the pine plantation.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF WANNEROO.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene..
- The fire was reported at 11:00 AM on 23 October 2016.
- The cause of the fire is suspicious/deliberately lit.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- Parks and Wildlife is now managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, 6PR or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.