Fourth person charged by Mirzam detectives

1377
A man was due in court earlier this week after he was charged with 11 child sexual abuse offences. Picture: WA Police

TASKFORCE Mirzam detectives have charged a fourth person as a result of an extensive and ongoing investigation after police were given videos showing adults engaging in sexual acts with a young girl.

WA Police said a 62-year-old Beckenham man had been charged with 11 child sexual abuse offences.

A police spokeswoman said it would be alleged that between December 2013 and October 2015 while in the company of three people previously charged by Taskforce Mirzam detectives (a 45-year old man, a 56-year-old man and a 39-year-old woman) the man had sexually assaulted a girl who was seven-years-old at the time of the first offence.

The man has been charged with nine counts of indecent dealing with a child under 13 years and two counts of sexual penetration of a child under 13 years.

He was due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on Wednesday, May 2.

The taskforce was launched in February following the discovery of a recording device by a member of the public which contained videos showing adults, both male and a female, engaging in sexual acts with a young girl.

Taskforce Mirzam is an ongoing investigation and detectives urge anyone with any information to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au

Callers may remain anonymous if they wish.

If you are or have been a victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, contact police on 131 444.