There is a gas leak on Nicklaus Ave, near the intersection of King Dr, in the Shire of Gingin.
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes to the Warning Area
Time of issue: 10:49 AM
Date of issue: 27 June 2020
Gas Leak in WOODRIDGE in the SHIRE OF GINGIN.
There is a Gas Leak on NICKLAUS AVE, near the intersection of KING Dr, in the SHIRE OF GINGIN.
Firefighters are on the scene and attempting to isolate the leak.
People within the warning area are asked to stay indoors and shelter in place. All other members of the public are asked to avoid the area where possible.
The substance has been identified as chlorine gas.
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency servcies personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Nicklaus Ave
- King Dr
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the City/Shire of (Name).
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.