Mother and stepfather charged with abusing daughter

2833
Detectives want people who engage in organised ‘swinging’ or group sex who may have heard about, or been unwittingly exposed to, activities involving children to contact them.

A WA Police taskforce is calling for public help to identify people suspected of sexually abusing five children, after the discovery of videos showing men and women engaging in sexual acts with an eight-year-old girl.

Taskforce Mirzam detectives believe there are people who engage in organised ‘swinging’ or group sex who may have heard about, or been unwittingly exposed to, activities involving children.

The taskforce was set up to investigate the suspected child sexual abuse of at least five children, most of whom were aged under 10 when the abuse is alleged to have happened.

On Friday, March 30 a police spokeswoman said so far three people had been arrested on a total of 23 charges in relation to the alleged sexual abuse of one of the children, a girl who was aged eight at the time.

Police allege those adults are the girl’s mother, her stepfather and a male friend of both.

She said the three, who had been charged with a range of sexual penetration, indecent dealing and other offences – 23 in total  – were due back in the Perth Magistrates Court on April 18.

Among the allegations are that at least some of the children were administered with prohibited drugs before they were sexually abused.

As part of the ongoing investigation police are looking into further allegations that the girl was sexually assaulted on multiple other occasions between 2011 and 2016 by a number of adults during organised ‘swinging’ or group sex activities,’’ she said.

On Thursday, March 29 taskforce officers executed search warrants at six properties in Perth and regional WA and arrested three more people.

“No charges have been laid as yet and those people are continuing to assist police with their inquiries.

On Monday, March 26 a search warrant was also executed by taskforce officers, with assistance from South Australian Police, on a residential property in South Australia.

“Various electronic storage devices were seized at that location.

“A number of hard drives, lap tops, thumb drives and mobile phones have been seized by the taskforce and are currently being forensically examined.

“Detectives are in the process of identifying additional suspects from electronic recordings and other investigative means, both nationally and internationally, via the Australian Federal Police and Interpol.

“Further arrests are anticipated and dozens more charges expected to be laid.’’

Anyone who has any knowledge of this child sexual abuse is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au

Calls and reports to Crime Stoppers can be made anonymously.