Access permits available for Ocean Farms and Seaview Park

DFES incident controller Sven Andersen says Ocean Farms and Seaview Park residents who get restricted access permits need to stay aware and be on the lookout for smoke. Picture: Anita McInnes

UNTIL about 6pm today restricted access permits will be able to be issued to Ocean Farms and Seaview Park residents from the Lancelin Shire Office, according to the Shire of Gingin’s Facebook page.

At 5.03pm a Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) alert said restricted access permits will also be available tomorrow between 8.30am and 6pm from the Lancelin Community Sports Centre, Lancelin Rd, Lancelin.

A community meeting will go ahead at 11am tomorrow at the Lancelin Community Sports Centre.

At a press conference in Gingin this afternoon DFES incident controller Sven Andersen said the issuing of restricted access permits to allow Ocean Farms and Seaview Park residents to return home would depend on any escalation in bushfire behaviour.

Mr Andersen said the Red Gully bushfire, which has burnt 10,230ha had been downgraded to a watch and act.

He said when being issued with a restricted access permit Ocean Farms and Seaview Park residents would first be briefed about staying aware and being on the lookout for smoke as warning areas could change at short notice.

But at the press conference he said he was quietly confident today would be the last big test for containing the bushfire although tomorrow was still of concern.

He said firefighters would spend at least five days mopping up – though he admitted the breakout yesterday where willy willies helped the bushfire go on a 5km run towards Brand Hwy forcing it to be closed would probably make it longer.

He said the wind change was likely to ease pressure across the fire ground except for the northern side.

Restricted access permits will be issued from the Lancelin Shire Office – 255 Vins Way, Lancelin.

Residents wanting to apply for a restricted access permit need to take with along valid identity documents including a driver’s licence or passport and proof of the affected address.

  • For more information about restricted access permits visit the restricted access permits section of the DFES website or click here.

Keep up to date:

Visit, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter:, Facebook:, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.

During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work so include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.

Updates will be issued every two hours unless the situation changes.