
FIVE WA families whose children are undergoing cancer treatment will get exclusive track access this weekend at Perth Super 440 due to a partnership between Super2 driver Cody Burcher and the Kids with Cancer Foundation
Burcher, who is a Kids with Cancer Foundation ambassador, will race in a fully charity-branded Holden Commodore ZB at the MotorMall Wanneroo Raceway, giving children undergoing cancer treatment a weekend of fast cars, unforgettable experiences and behind-the-scenes motorsport action.
The Perth event carries special significance, reflecting Kids with Cancer Foundation’s commitment to support kids and families across Western Australia through both direct family support and investment in world-leading research.
The foundation said since 2022 it had provided more than $190,000 in direct financial assistance to about 170 West Australian families, processing more than 500 support applications.
“This assistance helps ease the financial burden of a childhood cancer diagnosis by supporting families with everyday living expenses and helping offset the impact of time away from work, allowing parents and carers to focus on what matters most – their child,’’ the foundation said.
Dunlop Super2 Series driver Burcher said getting to spend time with the kids and their families in Perth was one of the best parts of the partnership.
“They’re dealing with more than most of us ever will and if a weekend at the track can give them something to look forward to and a bit of fun, that means everything to me,’’ he said.
“I want every one of these kids to know the whole motorsport community is cheering them on.’’
The Cook Government said the 2026 Bosch Power Tools Perth Super 440 has roared into MotorMall Wanneroo Raceway, with thousands of fans expected to attend one of the most highly anticipated rounds of the Repco Supercars championship.
Last year’s milestone event attracted more than 34,000 spectators – the biggest Perth crowd in eight years.
Similar crowds are expected for this year’s high-octane Super 440 format with two 120km sprint races on Saturday and a 200km endurance-style refuelling race on Sunday.
Supercars.com said Motormall Wanneroo Raceway was resurfaced in 2004 and initially gave very good grip but as the years have ticked by, the surface remained a difficult one for drivers and engineers alike.
In 2025 Wanneroo became the first venue in ATCC-Supercars history to host 100 races.

















