Home News Men charged after Alkimos hit and run

Men charged after Alkimos hit and run

5491
About 5.30am on August 8 a man in his 50s was located with serious injuries on Kane Loop near Landbeach Blvd. Picture: Yanchep News Online

TWO men have been charged after a hit and run in Alkimos on Friday.

WA Police said about 5.30am on August 8 a man in his 50s was located with serious injuries on Kane Loop near Landbeach Blvd.

At the time police said it was believed the man had been struck by a vehicle, which did not stop and left the area.

The injured man was taken by ambulance to Royal Perth Hospital for medical treatment.

On Saturday police said Joondalup detectives had charged a 22-year-old man and an 18-year-old man as a result of their investigation into the incident.

A 22-year-old man from Kinross was charged with one count of criminal damage or destruction of property, one count of stealing a motor vehicle and driving or assuming control without consent and one count of endangering the life, health or safety of a person.

An 18-year-old man from Banksia Grove was charged with one count of criminal damage or destruction of property, one count of stealing a motor vehicle and driving or assuming control without consent, one count of endangering the life, health or safety of a person.

They were both due to appear before Perth Magistrates Court on August 9.