THE Red Gully bushfire has been downgraded to a bushfire advice for parts of Mimegarra, Regans Ford, Orange Springs and Cowalla and an all clear for parts of Lancelin and Nilgen, which had been on a bushfire advice.
At 5.33pm the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) said roads had been reopened with a speed restriction of 60km/h.
At 4.07pm DFES said the bushfire was stationary, contained and under control.
Firefighters will monitor the area overnight and while the danger has passed DFES says people should remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
Alert level:
Time of issue: 4.07pm
Date of issue: January 3
A bushfire advice is in place for people in an area bounded by Brand Hwy to the east, Nammegarra Rd to the north, Mimegarra Rd and Cowalla Rd to the west and from the intersection of Orange Springs Rd and Nabaroo Rd across to Marri Heights Rd to the south in parts of Mimegarra, Regans Ford, Orange Springs and Cowalla in the shires of Gingin and Dandaragan.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of Mogumber Rd West and Brand Hwy in Red Gully.
What to do:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
If driving
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Bushfire all clear for parts of Nilgen and Lancelin in the Shire of Gingin.
Alert level:
An all clear advice is in place for people in an area west of Mimegarra Rd to the coast, bounded by Dingo Rd and Nilgen Rd to the north and Sappers Rd, K.W. Rd and Lancelin Rd to the south in parts of Lancelin and Nilgen in the Shire of Gingin.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- Firefighters will monitor the area overnight.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
What to do:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
Bushfire behaviour:
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
Road closures and conditions:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Mogumber Rd West to Bindoon-Moora Rd
- Brand Hwy from Gingin Brook Rd to Dandaragan Rd
- Dandaragan Rd to Bindoon Rd
- Orange Springs Rd to Cowalla Rd.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting your local government authority.
REGISTER.FIND.REUNITE:
Register with Register.Find.Reunite to let your family and loved ones know you’re OK and where you will be relocating to via https://register.redcross.org.au from any computer or mobile device or in person at the temporary evacuation centre.
If you are unable to contact a loved one who may have been planning to be in the area, enquire about their whereabouts through the online Register.Find.Reunite system at https://register.redcross.org.au
What firefighters are doing:
- Firefighters are strengthening containment lines and mopping up.
- 115 Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services, Parks and Wildlife Service firefighters are attending.
- WA Police, Main Roads and Department of Biodiveristy, Conservation and Attractions are also in attendance.
Extra information:
- The fire was reported at 9.33am on January 2.
- Currently there has been 1530ha burnt.
- The cause of the fire is accidental.
- DFES is managing the fire.
Keep up to date:
Visit emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: facebook.com/dfeswa, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.



















