
A TEENAGER is due to appear in court next month after allegedly injuring a man while doing burnouts on a rural property in Caraban on Sunday, January 23.
Lancelin Police have charged the 15-year-old boy with dangerous driving occasioning bodily harm, driver failing to stop and ensure assistance received after incident occasioning bodily harm, driver failing to report an incident occasioning bodily harm, no authority to drive and causing smoke or excessive noise or left a substance on the driving surface of a carpark.
Police will allege a 69-year-old man was struck about 7.45pm on Sunday by a white Holden utility that was doing burnouts in a gravel area off Barragoon Rd.
They said the man suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to Royal Perth Hospital for treatment.
Police will also allege the driver of the vehicle checked on the man but left the scene shortly after.
The teenager is due to appear in the Joondalup Children’s Court on Tuesday, February 15.
A WA Police spokesman said a surrender notice had been served on the owner of the vehicle, requiring the vehicle to be surrendered for a period of impoundment.
He said police thanked those members of the community who provided critical information to Crime Stoppers, which helped their investigation.

















