PEOPLE in the vicinity of Nicklaus Ave and King Dr in Woodridge are asked to remain indoors and keep doors and windows closed due to a possible chlorine gas leak.
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
This is a new alert
Time of issue: 10:19 AM
Date of issue: 27 June 2020
Gas Leak in WOODRIDGE in the SHIRE OF GINGIN.
There is a Gas Leak on Nicklaus Ave near the intersection of King Dr in the SHIRE OF GINGIN.
Firefighters are responding to a possible chlorine gas leak at a premises on NICKLAUS AVE.
People in the vicinity of Nicklaus Ave and King Dr are asked to remain indoors and keep doors and windows closed.
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the City/Shire of (Name).
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued if further information becomes available.