Home News Some Yanchep National Park businesses battle on

Some Yanchep National Park businesses battle on

2420
Chocolate Drops and the Yanchep Inn are able to supply takeaway and home delivery but some services at the Yanchep National Park such as the camping ground have been closed.

TWO businesses at Yanchep National Park are providing take away options for their customers after having to restrict their operations due to measures to try and stop the spread of coronavirus.

Both Chocolate Drops and Yanchep Inn were affected when on March 23 the National Cabinet directed pubs, bars and registered and licenced clubs to close and allowed restaurants and cafes to only supply takeaway and home delivery.

Chocolate Drops is open from 10.30am to 2.30pm on weekdays and 10.30am to 4.30pm on weekends and school holidays to provide take away food, beverages and ice creams.

Yanchep Inn’s Facebook page says it is taking orders over the phone from 4.30pm for pick- up and delivery but orders must be made over the phone and paid via a card on the phone.

People cannot turn up to order or pay with cash.

In December last year the national park’s businesses had to cope with reduced numbers of visitors after the Yanchep bushfire and earlier this year the coronavirus crisis in China kept many overseas tourists away and now along with other businesses and the community they have to deal with trying to stop the spread of the virus in WA.

On Friday, March 27 the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attraction’s Parks and Wildlife Service announced that while Yanchep National Park was still open the Crystal Cave, the Yanchep Aboriginal Experience and the camping ground at Henry White Oval were closed.

A statement on the Parks and Wildlife Service said existing campsite bookings with a start date up to and including Sunday, May 31 were being cancelled with full refunds.

“People with bookings will be contacted directly to arrange refunds,’’ the statement said.

Trees Adventure Yanchep Park is another business in the Yanchep National Park, which has had to temporarily close.

When Mr McGowan announced the stage 1 social distancing directions put in place across WA he said they could be in place for up to six months.

He said he understood the measures could potentially be devastating for many businesses and their employees.

“My heart goes out to those people, who have built up their businesses from scratch and now have had their lives turned upside down,’’ he said.

“(But) if we don’t go down this path, more and more people will be infected with COVID-19 and it will risk putting a significant (burden) on our health system.’’