A BUSHFIRE watch and act is in place for people in the vicinity of Indian Ocean Dr, Yanchep Pine Plantation and Yeal Nature Reserve in the Shire of Gingin.
There is also a bushfire advice for Muckenburra, Coonabidgee and Yeal in the Shire of Gingin.
Time of issue: 02:55 PM
Date of issue: 07 January 2021
Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for Indian Ocean Drive, Yanchep Pine Plantation and Yeal Nature Reserve in SHIRE OF GINGIN
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT is in place for people in the vicinity of Indian Ocean Drive, Yanchep Pine Plantation and Yeal Nature Reserve in SHIRE OF GINGIN.
- The alert level for this fire has been upgraded.
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- The fire started near the intersection of WAPET ROAD and COCKATOO ROAD in YEAL .
- It is burning in a south-westerly direction.
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you plan to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. You need to have access to an independent water supply, and start patrolling your property to put out spot fires.
- At all times close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
If you are self-isolating or quarantining due to COVID-19 and plan to leave:
- Leave now and find alternative accommodation with family or friends who live away from the area.
- If you are unable to return to your quarantine location within one hour, telephone WA Police on 131 444 to advise them you have had to leave due to an emergency.
- Regardless of your location, continue to follow COVID-19 precautions and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
Bushfire ADVICE for Muckenburra, Coonabidgee and Yeal in SHIRE OF GINGIN
A bushfire ADVICE is in place for people in the vicinity of Muckenburra, Coonabidgee and Yeal in SHIRE OF GINGIN.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of WAPET ROAD and COCKATOO ROAD in YEAL.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a south westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the SHIRE OF GINGIN.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- The fire was reported at 02:09 PM on 22 December 2020.
- Currently there has been 100 hectares burnt.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued every two hours unless the situation changes.