Home News Boonanarring, Mindarra and Red Gully bushfire

Boonanarring, Mindarra and Red Gully bushfire

2122
Earlier today DFES said aerial support would return to the Boonanarring, Mindarra and Red Gully bushfire at first light if needed. Picture: Anita McInnes

AT 7.14pm the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) said the bushfire had been downgraded to a bushfire advice – monitor conditions as fire activity has eased due to the bushfire behaviour changing.

Earlier today DFES said a bushfire watch and act was in place for people in an area bounded by Red Gully Rd, Mindarra Springs Rd, Wannamal Rd West and Brand Hwy in Boonanarring, Mindarra and Red Gully in the Shire of Gingin.

At 5.04pm DFES said the bushfire, which was moving slowly in a south easterly direction, was not contained or controlled.

The bushfire – reported at 2:33pm on Monday, April 21 has burnt 326ha.

Mindarra Springs Rd and Worramel Rd West have been closed.

Firefighters are actively fighting the fire.

DFES said aerial support, which cannot operate in the dark and have been released from the incident, will return at first light if needed.

Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully.

Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by visiting the Main Roads Travel Map, calling 138 138 or by contacting your local government authority.

A bushfire watch and act – prepare to leave – was in place for Boonanarring, Mindarra and Red Gully in the Shire of Gingin. Graphic: Mapbox

Keep up to date:

During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.